Increasing Capacities of Educational and Policy-making Establishments in Promoting and Applying the Human Development
The idea and holistic vision of Human Development (HD) advocates that the true wealth of a country is in its people. The human beings should be seen as the ends in themselves rather than the means to achieve progress in socio-economic development of a country/ The HD concept is about enlarging people's choices and enhancing their capabilities and freedoms, enabling them to live a long and healthy life, have access to knowledge and a decent standards of living.
The HD phenomenon is in the center of attention of public authorities, international organizations, academic society, media and civil society and is taking growing recognition in Uzbekistan.
The "Increasing Capacities of Educational and Policy-making Establishments in Promoting and Applying the Human Development Concept" project strives to introduce the human development concept through broader thinking about development, bringing human choices, rights and capabilities at the forefront of the policy-making through which the HD concept may be translated into practical welfare strategies implementation.
Achievements & expected results
- Publication of periodic National Human Development Reports
- Development of teaching-methodological kits and materials, conduct of specialized trainings for representatives of educational and key decision-making public institutions with a purpose of applying the human development concept in practice.
- Production of policy briefs based on conducted surveys and data analysis
- In the framework of signed Memorandum of Understanding between the Academy for State and Social construction under the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan and with support of the Senate of Oliy Malis of the Republic of Uzbekistan conducted seminars on human development in all regions of Uzbekistan for parliamentarians, academia, mass media, non-governmental institutions, research community and private sector;
- In the framework of signed Memorandum of Understanding between University of World Economy and Diplomacy; 1. developed advanced copy of the "human Development" textbook, 2. conducted series of in-depth HD trainings for representatives of educational institutions, including the one conducted in partnership with Moscow State University 3. Introduced into academic curricula of UWED the HD course for graduate level students. 4. Established the Human Development Resource Center.
- In the framework of signed Memorandum of Understanding between Tashkent Paediatric Medical Institute conducted in-depth training on key aspects of human development concept;
- Development and launched www.humandevelopment.uz website
- Developed and launched www.humandevelopment.uz website in Russian and English languages