Announcement: Environmental works’ contest among the students of oil-and-gas industry dedicated to the World Environment Day
The UNDP-GEF Project "Mainstreaming biodiversity into Uzbekistan’s oil-and-gas sector policies and operations" with support of the State Committee of the Republic of Uzbekistan for Nature Protection, National Holding Company “Uzbekneftegaz” and private oil and gas companies are pleased to announce a contest for the students enrolled in oil and gas industry universities dedicated to the World Environment Day.
Submission period - May 11, 2012 - June 5, 2012
Competition is open to the students of the Branch of the Russian State University of Oil and Gas named after Gubkin and the Tashkent State Technical University named after Beruni, the oil-and-gas faculty.
The goal is to raise awareness about the importance of biodiversity conservation among the future oil-and-gas professionals.
Works in the following categories can be submitted:
1) essay topics: biodiversity, how the oil and gas industry can minimize its negative impacts on biodiversity;
2) photo themes: biodiversity, the oil and gas sector and biodiversity conservation;
3) best screenplay for a film entitled "Mainstreaming biodiversity into Uzbekistan oil-and-gas sector policies and operations ".
The works submitted will be evaluated by a jury consisted of the representatives of organizers and partners. The best work in each category will be first selected individually by a jury member and then the winners will be selected by jury members together at the general meetings.
Last day for submission is June 1, 2012
On June 5, 2012 the winners in each category will be selected and announced.
Award – the winners will be awarded the prizes.
The best materials will be placed on the project web page and on the UNDP Uzbekistan website.
Photos will also be posted on the Web page of the project at www.econews.uz
for online voting which will determine the winner of “Audience sympathy” prize.
If you have any questions regarding the contest, please contact:
Sevara Sharapova, PR specialist of the UNDP-GEF project,
Terms of participation
Requirements for the works of the first and third categories:
· Text is submitted in printed and electronic versions with name and surname, name of institution and contact information.
· Must not exceed 5 pages of A4 format.
· Font - Times New Roman, font size-12, single line spacing.
· Style and organization
· Originality of material
Requirements for the works of the second category:
· Photo is submitted in printed and electronic versions with name and surname, name of institution and contact information.